Saint Paul's Church
605 Reynolds Street
Augusta, GA 3090
Saint Paul's Church was established in 1750 by the Church of England at the site of Fort Augusta. The first three church buildings on the property were destroyed. The fourth building, erected in the 19th century, was burned in the Great Augusta Fire of 1916. The present Georgian Colonial building was designed by Henry Wendell and completed in 1919.
Located in the church yard is a cannon believed to have been brought to Augusta via England by General Oglethorpe in the 1730's. The grave of Col. William Few who was a signer of the United States Constitution is also located here.