Adolf Hitler's Car in Augusta
January 11, 1949
Wilkinson photographed the armored-plated Mercedes-Benz used by Adolf Hitler during its nationwide tour. The owner, Janus, acquired the car in Sweden. It is shown here on display at Ninth and Broad Streets with (left to right) C.G. Janus, the car's owner; Mayor Will Jennings; R.E. Ownen, post commander; L.D. Oliveros; F.F. Youngblood; W.A. Harris. The tour was sponsored by American Legion Post 63, in Richmond County.
Donated by Charles and Linda Askey