The Augusta Museum of History and the Augusta Archaeological Society present Archaeology Day at the 1797 Ezekiel Harris House. Spend the day on the Ezekiel Harris House grounds for free tours, talks and demonstrations. Join a team of archaeologists from The Augusta Archaeological Society as they identify and classify prehistoric and historic artifacts and collections, as well as demonstrate flint knapping and primitive weapons use.
Saturday, May 4, 2019, 10 am to 4 pm
Location: 1797 Ezekiel Harris House, 1822 Broad Street
• Archaeologists will be on hand to identify and classify prehistoric and historic artifacts and artifact collections
• Paleo-Indian and Dalton period projectile points will be formally recorded
• Artifacts from local sites on display, including artifacts from the Ezekiel Harris House
• Flint knapping and primitive weapons demonstrations
• Ezekiel Harris House Tours
For more information call the Augusta Museum of History at 706.722.8454, or the Augusta Archaeological Society at 706.564.5868 or 706.210.0776
*In case of rain, Archaeology Day will be located at the Augusta Museum of History located at 560 Reynolds Street.